April 14, 11:00am – 2:00pm in the Design Alley, booth 3301
Put your brick-building skills to the test as you design and construct robots with movable parts to battle it out in the arena! The last bot standing wins!
Hosted by master builder Bryan Firks, this competition will feature LEGO® Technic and LEGO® Powered Up motors.
Each team will design and build their own unique robot from scratch, and LEGO® prizes will be given out for aesthetics, use of motion, and of course…surviving the Bot Battle competition!
Each team will be given the same LEGO® Technic bricks and motors.
Total Competition Time
- 2 hours of build time
- 30 minutes for judging
- 30 minutes for the Battle Arena & Prizes
The Arena Rules
- Last bot standing wins
- If bots are knocked over or cannot move for 10 seconds, they are out
- If bots go out of bounds for 10 seconds, they are out
- Bots must be able to move independently, either with Powered Up motors or pullback motors
- Pullback motor bots get 3 re-sets from their starting point
Other Competition Rules
- Must be registered to attend IME West and be 18 years or older
- Up to four (4) participants per team. All team members must be listed before the competition begins. No substitute team members accepted once competition begins
- Only equipment supplied can be used in the competition
- Must be present to win and collect prizes
- A maximum of 10 teams will be accepted (up to four (4) members per team). If you would like to join and don’t have a team, you will be put on a waiting list and empty slots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Deadline to complete your submission is April 8, 2022 or once we have received the maximum amount of qualified submissions.
All winners will be announced at the end of the competition, for LEGO® prizes.
- Battle of the Brick Bots (last one standing)
- Best Use of Motion
- Best Aesthetics
Competitive play is encouraged. All Teams must adhere to the rules of the competition and compete in fairness and respect to all competitors.
This event will have the option of using LEGO® Powered Up motor functionality. To get the most out of your bot, we recommend downloading the LEGO® Powered Up app for free (and looking up tutorials):